Discover the most advanced
breast cancer treatment in the world
Find out if proton therapy is right for you
✓ 97% Recurrence Free Survival 5 years after treatment 1
✓ 42% Reduction of Cardiac Side Effects 2,3
✓ Lowest Dose of Radiation to Heart 4,5
What is Proton Therapy?
- Proton therapy is an advanced form of radiation therapy that is non-invasive and uses a single beam of high-energy protons to treat various forms of cancer.
- Proton therapy kills the cancer and spares the healthy tissue.
- Proton therapy limits negative side effects such as skin burns, fatigue and impact to bodily functions that are a routine part of conventional radiation treatment.
- Proton Therapy is not new or experimental.
- Proton Therapy has been FDA Approved since 1988, Medicare and Medicaid approved since 2000 and has treated over 100,000 cancer patients in centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia, since the mid-1950’s.
- Experience reduced side effects with proton therapy.
- Proton therapy spares damage to the heart and lungs.
Proton Therapy as a Cancer Treatment Option
Proton therapy is most effective in treating solid tumors that are well defined and localized. If the tumor has spread, proton therapy may still be an option, depending on the extent of the metastasis and other factors. Proton therapy may also be used to treat recurrent cancer. Our Care Coordinators can explain what steps are necessary to determine if you are a candidate for proton therapy from a doctor.
What cancer treatment is best for you?
Cancer is complicated and extremely overwhelming. When you receive a diagnosis, it’s difficult to navigate next steps and determine what treatment is best for you. Emotions and confusion can influence decisions, and you deserve the clear information and knowledge needed to make the best choice for your cancer treatment.
Know your options. Get a second opinion.
You ask for second opinions regarding most of life’s big decisions, and your health deserves the same level of consideration. Your health is one of the most critical aspects of life, and being aware of all your options is necessary to choose the best type of treatment for your specific cancer diagnosis. Our Care Coordinators explain what’s involved with getting a second opinion from a doctor. They guide you through this process and answer all of your questions. Learning more about your diagnosis is the first step in determining whether you’re candidate for proton therapy.
Speak with a Patient Care Coordinator
Your world stops when you are diagnosed with cancer. Your mind races with overwhelming and complicated questions. The doctors and experts at Provision Center for Proton Therapy will be by your side through the whole process. Offering the most advanced form of treatment – proton therapy – Provision takes the burden off of you so you can concentrate on healing. Reach out to one of our Care Coordinators today by clicking the button below or completing the form.